- The age of the boy is important.
- All boys born with physiological phimosis ie. skin normal.
- If asymptomatic - leave.
- If phimosis is symptomatic, or if phimosis is present at the age of 4 - try 6 weeks of betnovate - apply to foreskin nocte after bath and attempt to reduce the foreskin gently.
- Betnovate unsuccessful.
- Infection- eg balanitis nb: Painless erythema of the tip of the foreskin is common and not usually an infection.
- Tight foreskin despite betnovate at age 4.
- Interfering with toilet training-ie ballooning.
- Pathological phimosis- ie scarring.
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.