Incontinence In Females
Is the incontinence stress or urge?
- If both, then which is more disabling?
- Bladder diary (frequency volume chart).
- Trial of pelvic floor exercises (3 months minimum). Consider referral to the Continence Service.
- Refer if significant incontinence is affecting quality of life.
- MSU vital to exclude reversible causes e.g. UTI, haematuria.
- Medication:Refer if symptoms refractory to Vesicare:
- Oxybutynin 5mg tds - 3 month trial.
- If unsuccessful, apply for Vesicare (solifenacin) on Special Authority - 3 month trial. Solifenacin is available on special authority if oxybutynin has been trialled and is ineffective or not tolerated. Apply for the authority on line or click here for application form.
Last updated : Thursday, July 28, 2016
Next review date : Friday, July 28,2017
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.