- Continuous haematuria with clots or clot retention:
- Phone Urology registrar for acute assessment.
- Haematuria without clots or clot retention:
- Do a MSU to exclude infection. Haematuria associated with infection does not require referral.
- 2 out 3 MSU specimens must show red cells greater than 20 x 106/L seven days apart
- Order a Renal Tract USS.
- Check creatinine.
- Thereafter refer to urology or renal medicine as appropriate.
Last updated : Thursday, February 20, 2020
Next review date : Friday, February 19,2021
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.