COPD Pathway - Moderate COPD
- Chronic symptoms
- Daily activities affected
- Increasing breathlessness when walking on the level
- More frequent exacerbations
- Management as for mild COPD
- Exclude complications, co-morbidities
- Consider ECG testing, pulse oximetry
- Regular formal review, inhaler technique, management plan update.
- Recommend Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Regular bronchodilator treatment +/- short acting bronchodilator as needed
- Consider inhaled corticosteroids if frequent exacerbations (≥ 2 / year)
Click here for Interpreting the test
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.