Osteo Knee & Hip Pathway - Likely to Meet Criteria for Replacement
- Moderate to severe persistent pain not relieved by a course of conservative management (e.g. paracetamol + NSAID and including weight management when appropriate).
- Pain severe when present constantly and interferes with most activities of daily living despite analgesia.
- Severe functional limitation.
- Walking capacity of less than 15 minutes.
- Needs a walking aid.
- Employment restricted.
- Independence at risk.
- No longer able to act as a carer if caring for someone else in need.
- Radiographic evidence of joint damage.
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.