Recurrent Skin Sepsis Pathway - Investigation Summary
- 1st pass swabs: Nasal swab index case or if >1 family member affected nasal swab entire household.
- 2nd pass swabs: Reswab nose, throat and groin of index case and nasal swabs of whole household even if no-one else affected.
- 3rd Pass swabs: Swab nose, throat and groin of all treatment failures in household.
- If nasal swabs negative and clinical scenario convincing: consider other sites eg throat, flexures.
- Treat the clinical scenario not the swabs.
Consider and investigate as necessary for:
- Co-morbidities e.g. diabetes and more uncommonly renal or immune deficiency disease.
- Nutritional factors notably iron deficiency in children .
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.