National SUDI Prevention Online Training
Tēnā koutou katoa, the National SUDI Prevention Online Training is now available on our website.
The link provides seven training modules and takes approximately 45-60 minutes to complete. Please feel free to share the link with your colleagues.
There is no cost associated with the training, you will just need to register online and complete the course via this link:
The training covers the following topics:
- An introduction to SUDI prevention
- Connecting and engagement with whānau
- Consistent health messaging
- Accumulation of risk factors for SUDI
Healthy Conversation Skills Training
- Helps you support clients make long term behaviour change for better nutrition, physical activity, or any lifestyle behaviour.
- Are simple to understand, time-saving, and can strengthen your everyday practice to support behaviour change for long term health.
Healthy Start Education Programme - The University of Auckland (Gravida) examines the process before, during and after pregnancy that influence a child’s later risk of developing non-communicable diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity, allergies, an some cancers.
- The Healthy Start Education Programme is an e-learning programme made up of eight online modules.
- This e-learning programme is offered free-of-charge to all maternity, child and whānau professionals through funding from the Ministry of Health
Conversations in Weight Management video
- 16 minute training module for healthcare workers
- How to support weight management: how to initiate a conversation/brief intervention/motivational interviewing
Healthy Pregnancies Education Day 2016
The Healthy Pregnancies Education Day 2016 focused on:
- Current research on the modifiable risk factors for childhood obesity and implications for supporting pregnant women
- Effective ways to converse with pregnant women about the modifiable risk factors for childhood obesity
- Local services available to support women to adopt and maintain healthy practices before, during, and after pregnancy
Link to Presentations