Adult Pneumonia Pathway - Assessment at follow up
- Measure respiratory rate, blood pressure, heart rate, hydration, and SaO2
- Check for persistent fever, systemic symptoms, or confusion
- Assess CRB-65 severity score:
Score 1 point for each feature present:
- Confusion or new disorientation– use an abbreviated mental test (click here). Note: Confusion or disorientation should be of new onset with this illness.
- Respiratory rate 30 or more breaths per minute.
- Blood pressure:
- Systolic blood pressure less than 90 mmHg, or
- Diastolic blood pressure 60 mmHg or less.
- 65 years or older.
Last updated : Friday, May 18, 2018
Next review date : Saturday, May 18,2019
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.