Monday May 21, 2018
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) Education Centre, based in both Tauranga and Whakatāne hospitals, provides support and services through education, training and resources. Currently access to these services is limited to DHB employees.
However, a project began this year with the aim of fostering a whole-of-system approach and exploring options for broader access to these resources. More specifically this would be for you, our primary and community DHB-funded providers.
From the 7 May – 6 July 2018, our Education Centre will commence two trials.
1) To extend our library services to our primary and community providers (including borrowing rights)
2) To open up access to rooms and facilities within the Education Centre across both Tauranga and Whakatāne.
The information from the trials will inform a new policy on improving access to services and facilities by primary and community providers.
If you wish to borrow any print material you will need to become a registered user and provide evidence of your association to your primary or community health provider. The registration form can be found here - http://bopdhb.govt.nz/education-research/clinical-school/bopdhb-library/or is available at our libraries.
Opening Hours: 8am-4pm
Phone: Tauranga 07 579 8687 or Whakatāne 07 306 0819
Website for location maps: - http://bopdhb.govt.nz/education-research/clinical-school/bopdhb-library/
Summary of library borrowing policy
- The standard loan period for books is three weeks.
- Unless other borrowers are waiting, items may be renewed for one further three week loan period.
- Only four books may be borrowed at any one time.
- Items damaged or not returned after the third notice will be invoiced for the replacement value of the item(s) plus non-refundable administration fees.
Room and facilities
We extend access to our rooms and facilities across our Tauranga and Whakatāne Education Centre sites to primary and community providers. You can check if our rooms will meet your needs by visiting www.bopdhb.govt.nz/education-research/clinical-school/education-centre. This webpage will also guide you through the booking process.
If your booking is outside of hours, and you do not have a BOPDHB staff member present, you will need to have a nominated person responsible for the health and safety of the group. You will also be required to complete our online 15 minute Health and Safety course. The course only needs completing every two years.
Contact details for room bookings:
Phone: 07 579 8557
Phone: 07 306 0705