Wednesday August 29, 2018
Researchers are studying an investigational vaccine to see if it could help fight infections that can cause pneumococcal disease.
If participants are a smoker or have a chronic medical condition, they may be eligible for a clinical research study.
Key Inclusion Criteria
- Pneumococcal vaccine-naïve adults 18 to 49 years of age
- At least one chronic medical condition such as diabetes, heart, liver or lung disease
- And/or a current cigarette smoker
Key Exclusion Criteria
- Active hepatitis – within the last 3 months
- History of diabetic retinopathy - within the last 3 months
- Myocardial infarction - within the last 3 months
- Impaired immunology
Participants can expect to be part of the study for seven months, visit the clinic five times, and be contacted by telephone twice.
To learn more about this study, or to refer a patient, please contact the Research Nurses at the BOP Clinical Trials Unit, Tauranga Hospital:
Michelle Raitak – 07 5575242 / firstname.lastname@example.org