Wednesday August 22, 2018
I want to share with you an update which has recently been released by the Ministry of Health. The Government has directed the Ministry to develop a new set of performance measures to replace the Health Targets. The focus of these measures will be on population health outcomes.
The Ministry will be considering the following criteria in developing them. They will:
- be a mix of health system and population health improvement measures
- align with government priorities, for example, child wellbeing and mental health
- be quantified and timed
- feature an availability of data to monitor progress
- involve sector engagement and support
- have a focus on health issues with alignment to socio-economic determinants.