Acute Renal Colic:
- Refer to the Emergency Department for pain management and CTU.
Renal Colic and Fever:
- Is a Urological emergency. Phone the Urology Registrar on call.
Renal Colic pain controlled with oral analgesia:
Asymptomatic Renal Stones:
- Many renal (i.e. not in ureter) stones do not require interventional treatment.
- Referral not required for renal stones that are asymptomatic and < 5mm.
- Referrals require:
- Serum creatinine.
- Serum calcium and phosphate.
- Serum uric acid.
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.