OST Prescribing Pathway - Transfers between Pharmacies
The Case Manager and or GP Liaison Nurse may assist you with this.
- Establish with the patient which dispensing pharmacy in the area is suitable and confirm with the pharmacy that they are able to dispense to the patient.
- Cancel the script at their existing pharmacy.
- Write a new script for the new pharmacy and fax it to them if necessary.
- Contact the GP Liaison Nurse to request that an 'Introduction to Pharmacy' letter with a photo ID is sent to the new pharmacy.
- The patient will be required to provide photo-ID at the new pharmacy.
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.