Referrals & Advice
Blood transfusions/infusions at Whakatane Surgical Admissions Unit
Ring the unit on 3063011 or 3060806 and talk to one of the nurses:
- A referral/request letter faxed to 3060956 is required indicating the reason for/urgency of the transfusion and patient history.
- Once the referral has been received the patient will be contacted to arrange a suitable day.
- Infusions are carried on days when a bed/chair/staff are available (this is primarily a surgical admissions unit).
- If patients cannot be accommodated in a timely manner, arrangements will be made for the patient to go to a ward for treatment.
Note: if the patient is symptomatic please refer to the emergency department
Note: if the patient is under the oncology team, they should be referred to the oncology unit in the first instance
Management of Monoclonal Gammopathy
Management of Hereditary Haemochromatosis
Management of Hyperferritinaemia
Faster Cancer Treatment:
- High Suspicion of cancer definition for Lymphoma
- High Suspicion of cancer definition for Myeloma
Last updated : Thursday, January 26, 2017
Next review date : Friday, January 26,2018
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.