Gallbladder Pathway - Day of Surgery
- Patient admitted to Surgical Admissions Unit (SAU) at 07:00.
- Patient is seen in SAU at 07:30-08:30 by surgeon and anaesthetist.
- If appropriate for direct access surgery, Consent to perform the operation is completed.
- If inappropriate for direct access surgery, the patient is rebooked for OPD clinic.
- Surgery performed.
- Post operatively, the patient is transferred to SAU.
- Patient seen post operatively by surgical team before discharge.
- Patient discharged on the same day.
- Discharge medications:
- Paracetamol 1g PO QID X 2/52
- Brufen 400mg PO TDS X 2/52
- Oxynorm 5mg X 3 doses, maxalon 10 mg TDS X 3 doses
Last updated : Friday, August 21, 2015
Next review date : Saturday, August 20,2016
Disclaimer: This site is intended to be flexible and frequently updated. While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, all information should be verified.