Monday May 1, 2017
The Stroke service at Tauranga Hospital will be trialling a Rapid Access TIA clinic 1st May 2017. This will be a one-stop clinic with access to same-day CT brain and Carotid Doppler US investigations (arranged by TIA clinic).
- Please refer to the TIA clinic using the usual BPAC ‘TIA Clinic’ referral form. If you have no BPAC access, please fax referral to: 07 571 3941
- Referrals will be assessed by the Stroke team on the same day, and all accepted referrals will be offered TIA clinic appointments within the following 24-48 hours (TIA clinic will contact patient).
- Please commence Aspirin 300mg unless already on anticoagulation or contraindicated.
- Arrange routine blood tests (CBC, UE, lipids, HBA1c, ESR, TFTs)
- Advise patient not to drive
Note: If patient has neurological symptoms at time of consult, referral to TIA clinic may not be appropriate. Patient will likely need admission. Discuss with Stroke SMO on 027 4033951.