Friday August 4, 2017
Our DHB is running a seven-month Health Quality & Safety Commission (HQSC) programme over 2017/18, beginning in September, and they are seeking GPs to take part. The programme is called Partners in Care and it uses staff experience to co-design better healthcare services. The following DHB teams are already lined up, and they would be excited to have a GP team on board!--
- Deteriorating patient – escalation to families/whanau
- Mental Health – improve discharge planning for transition from inpatient to community
- Rheumatic Fever – improve attendance at appointments and follow ups
- Pharmacy – improving information to patients on discharge about their medications and potential side effects
- Diabetes – working with adolescents to manage their condition
- Cancer – coordination at discharge from hospital re: plan, who to contact, what’s happening next etc.
- Orthopaedics – to be confirmed – tackling an issue identified by patients in the ward or recently discharged that patients see as an opportunity for improvement
For more info visit our page under 'Get Involved'.
If you would like to get involved, please contact :
Programme Manager, Quality and Patient Safety
Phone 07 579 8968